Wednesday 1 February 2012

A quick update from the Swanson's.






























Andy, Jim and Mark are getting on really well in Papua New Guinea. Repairs on the airplane are going well however, some of the parts they need are still in the USA so they may not get it completely finished by the time they leave but they are working hard regardless. Andy has been posting some pictures on facebook and I have selected four that you might like to see. A little of the scenery where they are, a nearby village, the King Air they are repairing, and the guest house where they are staying. They may be in a random order but I am sure you can work out which description goes with each picture. We are managing to communicate through email and try to "facetime" ( a new way of communicating via apple technology ; 0) every four or five days. Time on the Internet is very expensive for them so communication is limited but definitely much better that it would have been in the past.


Life here in Ohio is continuing on. The weather here is so variable. Yesterday was freezing and today has been a taste of summer and I went out without a jacket! The first of February (tomorrow) is the start of my Parent and Toddler group so I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers as this new adventure begins. We are meeting in our church hall and I have spent most of the afternoon today moving chairs and tables to set up. I really should be in my bed now so I am as fresh as a daisy in the morning LOL! The children are coping well considering Andy is away. Matthew has been displaying a lot more challenging behaviour this week compared to last and is keeping me on my toes! Abi has managed to pull the toilet roll holder off the bathroom wall and has left two rather large holes - Andy will have a little jobs list when he gets home I think!


I hope you are all keeping warm this cold winter. I believe temperatures are set to plummet again here in Ohio tomorrow.


Love in Christ


Heatherx









No comments:

Post a Comment