Tuesday 4 March 2014

I'm here!

Just a really quick post before I head for bed! 
I arrived safe and well late last night after a really smooth journey. It was an early start to a long day, but it is amazing how much difference it makes to only cross 3hrs of time zones! (Oh, and not traveling with 3 small kids makes any long journey much easier!!)
Thanks for all your prayers for the journey and also for the family being apart; please keep remembering us all, but Abi and Matthew especially as they get their heads around dad being away for a while.
Today has been a settling in / brief tour / unpacking cases kind of day, and getting my first peek at my new neighborhood- Makindye looks out over the rest of Kampala, so if you look through the trees in the pic below, you will see some of the city in the background.



I will write properly soon, but right now I need to sleep - first day in the hangar tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment