Wednesday 23 April 2014

A Little Update

Enjoying a break in Pitlochry
Hi there,
We have enjoyed a great two weeks holiday.  The first week was in Benmore, Dunoon staying a beautiful cottage with my sister and husband and my mum. The next week was in Pitlochry staying with the Kennedy's. The sun shone for just about the whole week and we had a lovely Easter Sunday with the folk at Pitlochry Baptist Church.  There were so many people in Pitlochry I wanted to visit but I just needed to have a break.  I am so thankful I was able to do that and feel much more refreshed.


Matthew's Easter Garden

Abi putting the finishing touches on her Easter Garden.
In between Matthew had his ENT appointment which went well.  The doctor thinks the glue ear will heal in time and the Ugandan climate will be much better for it so nothing more needs to be done there except to monitor his hearing every six months.  We also had some medical advice to get Eilidh's eyes checked before we go so she will be on the NHS system as to try and get an appointment when we are back on furlough would be non existent.  If we can get her seen and checked then we will be able to monitor her vision each year as she will be on the "books" as they say. I understand that she will be able to be seen relatively quickly to allow us to get to Uganda in June. Once I have the date for her appointment I will be able to start the flight booking process with MAF.

Eilidh loving the Easter egg hunt. 
On Friday evening (25th) I am speaking/singing at a ladies night in Plains Evangelical Church.  I will be sharing my testimony and how we have got to where we are including performing my own compositions. If you are free and able to come, I would love to see you there.  It starts at 7.30pm.

Face time has been a little sporadic recently with poor connections so it has been hard to keep in touch with Andy except via email.  He is hoping to get our new car really soon which will really give him the freedom to get about and explore a bit more. Please pray this will happen soon.  We are hopefully well over the half way mark before we are all reunited but it is still difficult for all of us.  The Immigration Department would not give us the dependant passes we need until we are in the country so we will just have to enter Uganda on a tourist visa.  We are so thankful that Elizabeth Swayne is returning from Uganda this week and will be able to personally return our passports to us and hopefully one of Andy's suitcases for me to refill ;0)

Thanks for your continued prayers and encouragement.
I hope you all had a great Easter.
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment